If you have an external image editor other than Elements or Photoshop, such as CorelPAINT, you can jump to that application from Album. All of the steps are identical except that when it comes to saving the file in the external image editor. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Select a photo in the Photo Well.
2. Choose one of these methods to launch the editor:
• Choose EditOEdit with Editor (where Editor represents your designated image editor). The name that appears in the menu depends on what editor you chose in the Preferences dialog box (as described in "Specifying an External Image Editor in Album" earlier in this chapter).
• Click the Fix Photo button in the Options bar. Then click the Edit With button at the bottom of the Fix Photo dialog box (refer to Figure 12-4).
A warning message appears, telling you that you're editing a copy of the image and not the original.
3. Click OK to rid yourself of this warning.
Album then launches the editor, and your image is opened and ready to be improved.
4. Perform your editing voodoo.
You must save the edited photo without changing the filename in any way. Don't even add the word "edited" after the name. If you save the file with a different name, Album will not be able to find the photo automatically. You will have to look for the photo using the Get Photos command (for more details on getting photos, see Chapter 4).
6. Return to Album.
7. Choose EditOFinish External Edit.
By doing so, you complete the external editing process, and the changed photo appears in the Photo Well in Album.
You also can select the photo in the Photo Well; right-click the image and choose Finish External Edit from the context-sensitive menu.
If you don't want to retain the edits, you can choose EditOUndo External Edit. You also can cancel the process midstream by choosing EditOCancel External Edit in Album.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.