An alpha channel has these properties:
• Each image (except 16-bit images) can contain up to 24 channels, including all color and alpha channels.
• All channels are 8-bit grayscale images, capable of displaying 256 levels of gray.
• You can specify a name, color, mask option, and opacity for each channel. (The opacity affects the preview of the channel, not the image.)
• All new channels have the same dimensions and number of pixels as the original image.
• You can edit the mask in an alpha channel using painting tools, editing tools, and filters.
• You can convert alpha channels to spot color channels.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Frustrated Because Your Graphics Are Not Looking Professional? Have You Been Slaving Over Your Projects, But Find Yourself Not Getting What You Want From Your Generic Graphic Software? Well, youre about to learn some of the secrets and tips to enhance your images, photos and other projects that you are trying to create and make look professional.