The following guidelines can help you create an accurate monitor profile.
9 You may find it helpful to have your monitor's user guide handy while creating an ICC monitor profile.
• You don't need to calibrate your monitor if you've already done so using an ICC-compliant calibration tool and haven't changed your video card or monitor settings.
• Make sure that you are using a standard desktop (CRT) monitor.
• If you have the Monitor Setup utility (included with PageMaker® 6.0) for Windows or the Knoll Gamma control panel (included with Adobe Photoshop 4.0 and earlier) for Mac OS, remove it; it is obsolete.
• Make sure your monitor has been turned on for at least a half hour. This gives it sufficient time to warm up for a more accurate color reading.
• Make sure your monitor is displaying thousands (16 bits) of colors or more.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Frustrated Because Your Graphics Are Not Looking Professional? Have You Been Slaving Over Your Projects, But Find Yourself Not Getting What You Want From Your Generic Graphic Software? Well, youre about to learn some of the secrets and tips to enhance your images, photos and other projects that you are trying to create and make look professional.