The following guidelines can help you create an accurate monitor profile.
9 You may find it helpful to have your monitor's user guide handy while creating an ICC monitor profile.
• You don't need to calibrate your monitor if you've already done so using an ICC-compliant calibration tool and haven't changed your video card or monitor settings.
• Make sure that you are using a standard desktop (CRT) monitor.
• If you have the Monitor Setup utility (included with PageMaker® 6.0) for Windows or the Knoll Gamma control panel (included with Adobe Photoshop 4.0 and earlier) for Mac OS, remove it; it is obsolete.
• Make sure your monitor has been turned on for at least a half hour. This gives it sufficient time to warm up for a more accurate color reading.
• Make sure your monitor is displaying thousands (16 bits) of colors or more.
Was this article helpful?
Adobe Photoshop can be a complex tool only because you can do so much with it, however for in this video series, we're going to keep it as simple as possible. In fact, in this video you'll see an overview of the few tools and Adobe Photoshop features we will use. When you see this video, you'll see how you can do so much with so few features, but you'll learn how to use them in depth in the future videos.