2 Set the mode of the crop tool:
• (Photoshop) To crop the image without resampling (default), make sure that all the text boxes in the options bar are empty. You can click the Clear button to quickly clear all text boxes.
• (Photoshop) To resample the image during cropping, enter a height, width, and/or resolution in the options bar.
• (ImageReady) To crop the image without resampling, make sure that Fixed Size is deselected in the options bar.
• (ImageReady) To resample the image during cropping, select Fixed Size, and enter a height and width in the options bar.
• To resample an image based on the dimensions and resolution of another image, open the other image, select the crop tool, and click Front Image in the options bar. (In ImageReady, you must select the Fixed Size option to access the Front Image button.) Then make the image you want to crop active.
Resampling during cropping combines the function of the Image > Image Size command with that of the crop tool. (See "About resampling" on page 66.)
3 Define the cropping marquee by dragging over the part of the image you want to keep.
The marquee doesn't have to be precise—you can adjust it later.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Frustrated Because Your Graphics Are Not Looking Professional? Have You Been Slaving Over Your Projects, But Find Yourself Not Getting What You Want From Your Generic Graphic Software? Well, youre about to learn some of the secrets and tips to enhance your images, photos and other projects that you are trying to create and make look professional.