1 Do one of the following:
• In Windows and Mac OS 9.x, choose Edit > Preferences > File Handling.
• In Mac OS X, choose Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling.
2 Select Always Maximize Compatibility for Photoshop (PSD) Files.
If you edit or save an image using an earlier version of Photoshop, unsupported features are discarded. Keep in mind the following features when working with earlier versions of Photoshop:
• Photoshop 7.0 introduces the Linear Burn, Linear Dodge, Vivid Light, Linear Light, and Pin Light blending modes and the Layer Mask Hides Effect and Vector Mask Hides Effect advanced blending options.
• Photoshop 6.0 introduced layer sets, layer color coding, layer clipping paths, fill layers, layer styles, editable type, and advanced type formatting. Photoshop 6.0 also added new layer effects.
• Photoshop 5.0 introduced layer effects; however, effects added in later versions of Photoshop are not supported. Photoshop 5.0 also introduced color samplers, spot channels, and embedded ICC profiles.
• Photoshop 4.0 introduced adjustment layers and guides.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Frustrated Because Your Graphics Are Not Looking Professional? Have You Been Slaving Over Your Projects, But Find Yourself Not Getting What You Want From Your Generic Graphic Software? Well, youre about to learn some of the secrets and tips to enhance your images, photos and other projects that you are trying to create and make look professional.