1 Select the patch tool O.
2 Do one of the following:
• Drag in the image to select the area you want to repair, and select Source in the options bar.
• Drag in the image to select the area from which you want to sample, and select Destination in the options bar.
Note: You can also make a selection prior to selecting the patch tool.
3 To adjust the selection, do one of the following:
• Shift-drag in the image to add to the existing selection.
• Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) in the image to subtract from the existing selection.
• Alt-Shift-drag (Windows) or Option-Shift-drag (Mac OS) in the image to select an area intersected by the existing selection.
Was this article helpful?
Adobe Photoshop can be a complex tool only because you can do so much with it, however for in this video series, we're going to keep it as simple as possible. In fact, in this video you'll see an overview of the few tools and Adobe Photoshop features we will use. When you see this video, you'll see how you can do so much with so few features, but you'll learn how to use them in depth in the future videos.