1 Do one of the following:
• In Windows and Mac OS 9.x, choose Edit > Preferences > File Handling.
• In Mac OS X, choose Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling.
2 Set the following options:
Image Previews Choose an option for saving image previews: Never Save to save files without previews, Always Save to save files with specified previews, or Ask When Saving to assign previews on a file-by-file basis.
In Mac OS, you can select one or more of the following preview types (to speed the saving of files and minimize file size, select only the previews you need):
• Icon to use the preview as a file icon on the desktop.
• Macintosh Thumbnail to display the preview in the Open dialog box.
• Windows Thumbnail to save a preview that can display on Windows systems.
• Full Size to save a 72-ppi version of the file for use in applications that can only open low-resolution Photoshop images. For non-EPS files, this is a PICT preview.
File Extension (Windows) Choose an option for the three-character file extensions that indicate a file's format: Use Upper Case to append file extensions using uppercase characters or Use Lower Case to append file extensions using lowercase characters.
Append File Extension (Mac OS) File extensions are necessary for files that you want to use on or transfer to a Windows system. Choose an option for appending extensions to filenames: Never to save files without file extensions, Always to append file extensions to filenames, or Ask When Saving to append file extensions on a file-by-file basis. Select Use Lower Case to append file extensions using lowercase characters.
To toggle the Append File Extension option for a single file, hold down Option when you choose a file format in the Save As dialog box.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.