1 In the Optimize panel/palette, choose a GIF or PNG-8 setting from the Settings menu, or choose GIF or PNG-8 from the file format menu.
2 Click the mask button J to the right of the Dither text box.
3 Choose which masks to use:
• All Text Layers to use the masks from all text layers in the image.
• All Vector Shape Layers to use the masks from all shape layers in the image.
• Channel to choose an alpha from the menu. In ImageReady, you can choose Save Selection to create a new alpha channel based on the current selection.
4 To preview the results of the weighted optimization, select the Preview option.
5 Define the dithering range:
• To set the highest percentage of dithering, drag the right (white) tab on the slider, enter a value in the Maximum text box, or use the arrows to change the current percentage.
• To set the lowest percentage of dithering, drag the left (black) tab on the slider, enter a value in the Minimum text box, or use the arrows to change the current percentage.
6 Click OK.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.