1 Specify a foreground color. (See "Choosing foreground and background colors" on page 257.)
2 Select the brush tool or pencil tool ,,/.
3 Do the following in the options bar:
• Choose a brush and set brush options. (See "Working with brushes" on page 228.)
• Specify a blending mode. (See "Selecting a blending mode" on page 241.)
• Specify an opacity. (See "Specifying opacity, flow, strength, or exposure" on page 243.)
• For the brush tool, specify a flow rate. (See "Specifying opacity, flow, strength, or exposure" on page 243.)
• Click the airbrush button £ to use the brush as an airbrush. Alternately, select the Airbrush option in the Brushes palette. (See "Creating airbrush effects (Photoshop)" on page 239.)
• For the pencil tool, select Auto Erase to paint the background color over areas containing the foreground color. (See "Using the Auto Erase option" on page 226.)
4 Do one or more of the following:
• To draw a straight line, click a starting point in the image. Then hold down Shift, and click an ending point.
• When using the brush tool as an airbrush, hold down the mouse button without dragging to build up color.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.