Zoom in as needed, and set any preview options:
• Use Show menu options to switch between previews of the original and extracted images.
• Use Display menu options to preview the extracted object against a colored matte background or as a grayscale mask. To display a transparent background, choose None.
• Select Show Highlight or Show Fill to display the object's highlight or fill.
8 If necessary, repeat the extraction to improve the results (when you are finished, you can perform final touch-ups as described in step 9):
• To perform another extraction after adjusting the highlight and fill, repeat steps 5, 6, and 7.
• To perform another extraction with new extraction settings, change the Smooth, Force Foreground, or Color settings, and repeat step 7.
Note: To specify the amount of smoothing of the extracted object, drag the Smooth slider or enter a value. It is usually best to begin with a zero or small value to avoid unwanted blurring of details. If there are sharp artifacts in the extraction result, you can increase the Smooth value to help remove them in the next extraction.
9 Touch up the extraction results as needed:
• To erase background traces in the extracted area, use the cleanup tool R.- . The tool subtracts opacity and has a cumulative effect. You can also use the cleanup tool to fill gaps in the extracted object. Hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while dragging to add back opacity.
• To edit the edge of the extracted object, use the edge touchup tool . The tool sharpens edges and has a cumulative effect. If there is no clear edge, the edge touchup tool adds opacity to the object or subtracts opacity from the background.
10 Click OK to apply the final extraction. On the layer, all pixels outside the extracted object are erased to transparency.
Note: For best results in cleaning up stray edges, use the cleanup and edge touchup tools in the Extract dialog box. You can also clean up after an extraction by using the background eraser and history brush tools in the toolbox.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.