• Preserve Embedded Profiles if you anticipate working with a mix of color-managed and non-color-managed documents, or with documents that use different profiles within the same color mode.
• Convert to Working Space if you want to force all documents to use the current working space.
For detailed descriptions of the default behaviors associated with each policy option, see the table following this procedure.
2 For Profile Mismatches, select either, both, or neither of the following:
• Ask When Opening to display a message whenever you open a document tagged with a profile other than the current working space. You will be given the option to override the policy's default behavior.
• Ask When Pasting to display a message whenever color profile mismatches occur as colors are imported into a document (via pasting, drag-and-drop, placing, and so on). You will be given the option to override the policy's default behavior.
The availability of options for Profile Mismatches depends on which policies have been specified.
3 For Missing Profiles, select Ask When Opening to display a message whenever you open an untagged document. You will be given the option to override the policy's default behavior.
The availability of options for Missing Profiles depends on which policies have been specified.
It is strongly recommended that you keep the Ask When Opening and Ask When Pasting options selected.
Default color management behavior
• New documents and existing untagged documents remain untagged.
• Existing documents tagged with a profile other than the current working space become untagged.
• Existing documents tagged with the current working space profile remain tagged.
• For color data imported into a document using the same color mode, color numbers are preserved.
• For all other import cases, colors are converted to the document's color space.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Frustrated Because Your Graphics Are Not Looking Professional? Have You Been Slaving Over Your Projects, But Find Yourself Not Getting What You Want From Your Generic Graphic Software? Well, youre about to learn some of the secrets and tips to enhance your images, photos and other projects that you are trying to create and make look professional.