4 Do the following in the options bar:
• Specify whether you want to hide or delete the cropped area. Select Hide to preserve the cropped area in the image file. You can make the hidden area visible by moving the image with the move tool. Select Delete to discard the cropped area.
Note: In Photoshop, the Hide option is not available for images that contain only a background layer. If you want to crop a background by hiding, convert the background to a regular layer first. (See "About the background layer" on page 285.) In ImageReady, cropping a background by hiding automatically converts the background to a regular layer.
• Specify whether you want to use a cropping shield to shade the area of the image that will be deleted or hidden. When Shield is selected, you can specify a color and opacity for the cropping shield. When Shield is deselected, the area outside the cropping marquee is revealed.
5 If necessary, adjust the cropping marquee:
• To move the marquee to another position, place the pointer inside the bounding box and drag.
• To scale the marquee, drag a handle. To constrain the proportions, hold down Shift as you drag a corner handle.
• To rotate the marquee, position the pointer outside the bounding box (the pointer turns into a curved arrow), and drag. To move the center point around which the marquee rotates, drag the circle at the center of the bounding box.
Note: In Photoshop, you can't rotate the marquee for an image in Bitmap mode.
6 Do one of the following:
• Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Mac OS); click the Commit button y in the options bar; or double-click inside the cropping marquee.
• To cancel the cropping operation, press Esc or click the Cancel button o) in the options bar.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.