The Adobe Photoshop 7.0 painting engine is so sophisticated and powerful that the possibilities for using it are virtually unlimited. This lesson gives you just a taste of the many techniques and approaches you can use in your work.
In this lesson, you'll learn how to do the following:
• Define a custom workspace that's tailored for painting tasks.
• Use layers to paint, adjust, add effects, and make color changes to specific portions of an image.
• Set the blending mode and opacity of a layer to adjust how overlapping colors and elements of the image combine with each other.
• Set the blending mode and opacity of a painting tool to adjust how a paint stroke combines with other pixels in the image.
• Use History palette and history tools to make corrections and add effects.
• Create and use custom brushes.
• Create and apply a pattern from a different image to create a picture frame.
This lesson will take about an hour and a half to complete. The lesson is designed to be done in Adobe Photoshop.
If needed, remove the previous lesson folder from your hard drive, and copy the Lesson08 folder onto it. As you work on this lesson, you'll overwrite the start files. If you need to restore the start files, copy them from the Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Classroom in a Book CD.
Note: Windows users need to unlock the lesson files before using them. For more information, see "Copying the Classroom in a Book files" on page 4.
Was this article helpful?
Artists, photographers, graphic artists and designers. In fact anyone needing a top-notch solution for picture management and editing. Set Your Photographic Creativity Free. Master Adobe Photoshop Once and For All - Create Flawless, Dramatic Images Using The Tools The Professionals Choose. Get My Video Tutorials and Retain More Information About Adobe Photoshop.