1. Drag the MAIL layer beneath the Stamps layer.
2. Click the Indicates layer visibility button r on the Stamps layer on the Layers palette.
The Stamps layer will serve as the fill for the clipping mask.
TIP It's a good idea to first position the layer that will act as a mask atoi/ethe layer containing the pattern so that you can adjust its size and shape. After the size and shape are the way you want them, reposition the mask layer beneath the pattern layer.
3. Point to the horizontal line between the MAIL and Stamps layers, press and hold [Alt] (Win) or [option] (Mac), then click, as shown in Figure 6.
4. Release [Alt] (Win) or [option] (Mac). The clipping mask is created. The stamps background becomes visible through the text.
5. Save your work, then compare your image to Figure 7 and the Layers palette to Figure 8.
You created a clipping mask using the Mail and Stamps layers. This effect lets you use the imagery in one layer as the fill for an object in another layer.
Was this article helpful?
Are You Frustrated Because Your Graphics Are Not Looking Professional? Have You Been Slaving Over Your Projects, But Find Yourself Not Getting What You Want From Your Generic Graphic Software? Well, youre about to learn some of the secrets and tips to enhance your images, photos and other projects that you are trying to create and make look professional.